"Onyx Graphics is continually investing in research and development," said Kevin Murphy, President of Onyx Graphics. "With a technologically strong engineering staff working alongside our own colour scientists, our in-house development teams are able to create and enhance our leading-edge technologies to deliver powerful and reliable, large format print solutions that lift the industry." This latest U.S. patent includes technological advancements in the field of colour management, an industry known strength for Onyx Graphics, Inc. A new colour experience is also promised with the company's next major release, which will be integrated into the full spectrum of ONYX software solutions including ONYX Thrive print workflow software and ONYX RIP products.
Onyx Graphics awarded another U.S. patent for colour technology innovation
Salt Lake City-based global software company Onyx Graphics, Inc., has been awarded another U.S. patent for colour technology innovations in wide- and grand-format print software solutions. U.S patent 9,917,955 has been granted for spectral transmissive measurement of media, a new method of obtaining colour information for printing on media resulting in improved colour accuracy, especially for backlit display and textile printing applications. The patent is the product of Onyx Graphics' own staff of colour scientists including Dr. Max Derhak, Dr. Lin Lou (Eric) and William Chase.
Latest from Graphic Display World
- UK-based Sign Rite Grafix expands into new markets with HP Latex 365 printer
- Park Communications stays top of their game with EFI VUTEk GS3250LX investment
- Meet Bertie the robot – the fast learner that sees everything
- Gemanco Design delivers colour, texture and wall-to-wall creativity with Roland DG
- 9-in-10 higher education leaders say new printing technologies vital for educational success and life skills
- NESCHEN welcomes summer with fresh solvoprint easy dot® colour films
- ColorGATE and Durst Phototechnik AG announce exclusive distribution partnership
- Print company appoints new business development director to continue growth drive